With Safety Every Second Counts
“Accidents don’t discriminate – they can happen to anyone and everyone. I share my personal injury story with workplaces with the purpose of creating awareness, and to prevent this from happening to anyone else.” Paul O’Brien
Back in July Paul presented PBF’s Injury Prevention Workplace Program to Northrop Grumman Australia’s (NGA) Integrated Defence Services facility in Brisbane.
Northrop Grumman has a long and proud history of supporting Australia’s defence forces pre-dating World War II, when it first performed maintenance and modification work on the nation’s military aircraft. NGA currently provide a wide range of integrated logistics support for government and military aviation and cyber and intelligence services.
Following on from the success of trialling our program, NGA rolled out PBF’s workplace program at seven of their sites during safe work week in October. With locations spread across the ACT, NSW and QLD, Paul spent the week travelling around, sharing with their workforce PBF’s key message – “Safety is a Core Life Value”.
Paul’s presentations were extremely well received with comments such as:
- I found today’s presentation very honest and informative. I sincerely think that we will all look at safety and take 5 minutes more as a direct result of this presentation.
- Better than any other safety related training or presentation I have seen.
- I really understood the message and will take it home with me – thank you for sharing.
- Thought provoking presentation.
- Very moving to see Paul and the other’s situations – made me appreciate what I have.
- A great presentation by Paul. The most interesting part for me was the additional issues you incur with a spinal cord injury – personally I was not aware of these.
“A big thank you from Northrop Grumman Australia to Darron, Paul and the rest of the PBF team for participating in our Safety Week in such a big way. Paul O’Brien’s presentation hit the spot at every venue! I can’t recommend these amazing guys enough.” Gary Lucas, National Environment, Health & Safety Manager, Northrop Grumman Australia Pty Limited.