Reducing the impact and incidence of spinal cord injury in Australia
- In 1984 PBF Australia (The Paraplegic Benefit Fund) was founded in Perth, WA by the late Sir George Bedbrook, a world-renowned spinal surgeon
- This unique national not-for-profit organisation is dedicated to reducing the impact and incidence of spinal cord injury
- Strong ties remain with the Bedbrook family, with three generations having had direct involvement. Our founder’s grandson Simon Bedbrook is a current Board member
- PBF currently employ over 40 people living with permanent spinal cord injury, thought to be the largest single employer of people living with spinal cord injury in Australia.
- We deliver injury prevention programs: Road, Workplace, Youth, Aqua; including the Prevent Alcohol and Risk-related Trauma in Youth program (P.A.R.T.Y.) in WA & QLD hospitals
- We are the sole provider of peer support at the WA State Rehabilitation Centre
- Our Head office remains in Perth with a satellite office operating in Brisbane
- Financial protection for over 55,000 private and corporate members should they sustain a permanent total traumatic spinal cord injury
- $250,000 member benefit payments made as soon as possible*
*See PBF Product Disclosure Statement for full terms and conditions.